Even though caller ID enables the person you’re calling to know who you are, you may not want this for every single call. In some cases, you may want to block your caller ID and make a private phone call. So, how can you do this on your cell phone? Below, we discuss how to block caller ID on iPhone and Android, and some reasons why you may want to.
Why Do You Want To Block Caller ID?
#1: To Protect Your Identity And Information
Blocking your caller ID can prevent those searching your number from learning personal information about you. So, the people who have your phone number in there contacts can only identify you. If you’re a parent, you may do this on your child’s phone to protect them as well.
#2: Calling From Work
In some cases, you may have to block your work phone’s caller ID. If you’re reaching out to potential clients and looking for opportunities, you may not want to give your business phone number away to complete strangers. If you don’t block it, your phone could be given to spam callers, or you could be harassed by clients who aren’t pleased with you.
#3: Making An Anonymous Call
If you witnessed a crime or want to report something else to the police, you might possibly want to make an anonymous call. One reason why you might do this is because you don’t want to be involved in an investigation and have your employer find out.
How To Block Caller ID
There is one method of blocking your caller ID that works on both iPhone and Android devices. It enables you to block your caller ID on a call-by-call basis.
- Go to your Phone app, and click on Keypad.
- Dial *67, followed by the number you would like to call.
- Press the call button, and the call recipient will see No Caller ID or Restricted Call.
How To Block Caller ID On iPhone
- Go to your Settings.
- Click on Phone.
- Then, choose Show My Caller ID.
- Click on the Show My Caller ID button to turn it off. It should not appear green.
- Once this setting is off, if you would like to show your caller ID, either turn this setting back on or dial *86 before the number on your keypad.
How To Block Caller ID On Android
*Note: This feature does not work with Verizon customers.
- Go to the Phone app.
- Click on the menu on the top right, and choose Settings.
- Scroll down and click on More Settings.
- Choose Show my caller ID.
- Select Hide my number.
Those are the different ways of how to block caller ID on iPhone and Android. So, next time you need to make a private call whether for work or to protect yourself, utilize these methods.
Related Post: Who Called You From A Restricted Number?