Due to technological advancements, getting in touch with anyone across the world has become easier. It is, however, quite harder to develop genuine connections with people you only met online. One reason for this is people eventually realize they don’t have much in common. If you are one such person, learn how to find people on MeetMe.
How To Meet and Search for People on MeetMe
Social media sites and applications have become a reliable way for people to meet new friends and partners in life. One such social networking site is MeetMe which is described to be “fun, friendly, and free!” On MeetMe, people can search for users who have the same interests and hobbies. Further filter the results based on age, nationality, and background. With over 100 million MeetMe profiles, there is a high chance of meeting people and making friends.
To see if MeetMe is right for you, let us take a closer look at the application.
The MeetMe App
In 2005, the Meet Group was founded; In 2012, they changed its name to MeetMe. MeetMe has grown into an online community of millions of individuals looking for friends or dates. It is one of the more well-known apps with a rating of 4.3 in the App Store and hundreds of reviews. Sure, MeetMe is not the highest-ranking app of its kind, but the positive reviews are more than enough proof of the users’ satisfaction.
If you are interested to search on MeetMe for new friends or people in general, download the free app. Take note, though, the MeetMe app is designed for 17-year-olds and above.
MeetMe App Upgrades and Subscriptions
After downloading, you can search people on MeetMe and get results immediately. As with other apps, there’s the option to opt for various upgrades or added features.
MeetMe has in-app purchases like MeetMe credits. These are virtual currencies that serve as your ticket to access various premium features on your account. This will make your MeetMe people search faster and better.
Among the premium features, MeetMe credits will provide access to:
- BoostBoost increases a profile’s visibility and popularity by putting you at the top of the Meet section. It’s a quick way to get your profile viewed, faster than someone conducting a MeetMe email search or someone finding you through the MeetMe search bar.
- Match SpotlightMatch Spotlight increases the number of secret admirers received and consequently boosts visibility. This feature, as the name implies, effectively puts you in the spotlight.
- Live Feed SpotlightLive Feed Spotlight puts a user’s live feed in the spotlight. This increases the number of people seeing your posts. You will likely receive more comments on your posts and potentially meet more people.
Also, here are the MeetMe subscription options that cater to various budgets. This also allows people to see if MeetMe works for them before committing to longer subscription plans.
- One Month: $7.99
- Three Months: $17.99+
- Six Months: $29.99+
Making The Most of the MeetMe Search Bar
We’ve now covered what MeetMe is all about and discussed how it works. Let’s now discuss how to search for someone on MeetMe, how to go to meetme.com to search names of members, or how to search names on the MeetMe app.
There is a MeetMe member search bar at the top just like most mobile versions of various apps. The MeetMe search function allows you to browse member profiles of individuals from around the world. You have the option of narrowing down your search to specific or nearby locations. If you have a person’s username, opt to do a MeetMe username search.
MeetMe provides users the opportunity to take a chance and start a conversation with someone. There’s no pressure, just start chatting with various people and see where it goes. Once you believe you’ve found a person who shares the same interests and whom you may have a long-term friendship or relationship with, meet them in person. If you decide to do this, here are some tips:
- Run a quick background check before meeting in person.
- Meet in a public or neutral place.
- Tell a friend or family member you trust about your meetups.
There used to be a MeetMe search users function wherein you could utilize it to look up people by name. When this was removed, people found a way around it by reverting the app into an older version. Unfortunately, it is no longer available. A workaround for this is by conducting a MeetMe username search.
There is another way to find out if a person is on MeetMe. You can utilize a third-party people search engine and look up the person you want to check out on MeetMe. A search report could tell you if they have a profile on MeetMe or other social media and networking sites and apps. While there, you can uncover other relevant data about them.
Despite the changes to the MeetMe search function, the site and app remain one of the top choices for people who want to make new friends or for dating.
MeetMe Safety Tips
Regardless if you’ve merely downloaded the app to search MeetMe users or to make new friends, always observe certain precautionary measures.
Like any other social networking site, online dangers are lurking in the MeetMe app like catfishing, cyberbullying, and social engineering. Here are some tips to help you enjoy utilizing the app without compromising your safety and security.
- Keep personal information, personal.Be careful of the information you’re disclosing on your personal profile/bio or in chat conversations. This includes your full name, social media profiles, contact information, and more.
- Don’t fully trust photos and profiles.Photos can be edited and profiles can be overstated. Be careful who to trust – not everything you see or everyone you meet online is real. It’s advisable to utilize video chatting to better get to know your newly found friends.
- Meet up in public.When the time comes that you both decide to hang out in person, meet in a public place. Avoid agreeing to meet at one’s home, and choose a location that’s halfway from where you’re both coming from.
- When money’s involved, think twice.Genuine friendships and relationships can develop on social networking sites. However, these platforms contain dangers like phishers. Once sending money works its way into the conversation, be extra wary because you just might be dealing with a scammer.
- Block and Report.If you encounter a cyberbully or scammer of any kind, don’t hesitate to immediately block and report them. Also, if you encounter inappropriate or offensive content, report the incident and the sender.